Sunday, July 10, 2016

Polish your Poise with Madame Chic

 

I have Jennifer L. Scott's first book Lessons from Madame Chic on my Kindle. I enjoyed it so when I discovered this new one at the library I picked it up only to discover there was one written between these two, At Home with Madame Chic. This one on poise was a refresher course, for me, of the first book with some additional ideas. It is a fast read at 271 pages but takes much more time to implement the principles presented. For me it was a reminder to check my posture; make sure my electronic devices (ie. IPad & IPhone) I own don't appear at the table during breakfast, lunch or dinner; and the need to review the 10 item wardrobe concept. I need to be present in the moment and enjoy the food, drink but most of all the people at my table. After all, if I cared enough to sit down with them to eat I should care enough to give them my full undivided attention. Polish your Poise with Madame Chic is definitely worth your time. So I am off the library to pick up the 2nd book, At Home with Madame Chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment